Micromass Q-Tof API
Available from KRSS a used fully refurbished and serviced Waters/Micromass Q-Tof API TOF mass spectrometer. Price includes installation, training and 3 months warranty.
Micromass Q-Tof API is the exact mass LC-MS-MS system of choice for metabolism studies, proteomics and structural analyses.
- Exact Mass
Why purchase used refurbished
mass specs from KRSS
- Find Out More
The Q-Tof API combines the simplicity of a quadrupole
The Q-Tof API-US provides a powerful platform for MS and MS/MS analyses, upon which total system solutions may be designed to maximize data quality for your application.
The Q-Tof API-US Mass Spectrometer offers:
- ZSpray™ - dual orthogonal source technology for unsurpassed sensitivity and ruggedness
- High Sensitivity - Enhanced source and ion optics technology (including MASStransit ion tunnels) enable a significantly increase in the transmission of ions from the source to the oa-Tof detector.
- High Resolution - Up to 17,500 FWHM with Woptics
- High mass accuracy - sub 5 ppm RMS in both MS and MS/MS modes of acquisition across the mass range, with Voptics or Woptics.
- Routine Exact Mass - LockSpray, NanoLockSpray and MUX Exact-Mass Technology enable routine exact mass measurement in MS and MS/MS specific to your application and throughput requirements.
- oa-ToF analyser - wide acquisition range of up to 32, 000 m/z
- Digital Dead Time Correction™ - Extended linear dynamic range (~103) for exact mass quantitative analysis in conjunction with a large surface area MCP detector.
- Ease of use - wizard-driven system configuration and method editing for simplified operation
- Data Directed Analysis (DDA™) - Exploitation of the inherent high resolution and mass measurement accuracy of Micromass Q-Tof technology for highly intelligent detection of compounds of interest for automated switching from MS to MS/MS.
- Precursor Ion Discovery (PID) - patented acquisition techniques for class-specific analyses (i.e. detection of specific structural motifs) using exact neutral loss or product ion detection
- Variable Flow Chromatography - with the Waters CapLC® System for enhanced MS/MS data quality
The Q-Tpf API mass analyser has an upper m/z range of 20,000 and a resolution of 10,000 FWHM in both MS and MS-MS modes.
This ao-TOF delivers automatic exact mass measurements over a wide, quantitive dynamic range (-104) at full sensitivity - enabled by Digital Dead Time Correction (DDTCTM) technology in conjunction with a continuous, large surface area of MCP detector.
So, do you really know the mass of your compound? Are you confident that you’ve identified the correct component? As with every analytical tool, the more accurately you make your measurement the more confidence you’ll have in your results. Exact mass measurement enables you to determine the elemental composition of compounds with greater confidence. When you detect a drug metabolite at 500.2 m/z in an in vivo sample, are you sure which bio-transformation has taken place? When you detect a peptide at 976.6 m/z, can you be sure which posttranslational modification is present?
With exact mass measurement you can:
- Determine elemental composition
- Distinguish nominally isobaric components
- Improve specificity of detection for MS/MS analyses
- Improve data processing speed and specificity
The inherent high resolution and mass accuracy of an orthogonal time-of-flight (oa-ToF) mass spectrometer minimizes co-eluting and matrix interferences, enabling components of interest to be resolved. Automated exact mass measurements can then be performed "on the fly".
Why Exact Mass MS/MS?
Exact mass measurement becomes an increasingly powerful tool for determining elemental composition at lower m/z values, and is therefore particularly useful for identification of fragment ions in MS/MS. With the increased accuracy of exact mass measurement, peptide sequencing and the elucidation of small molecule structures is significantly enhanced. Data processing tools for automated interpretation rely heavily on the specificity of exact mass measurements.
With exact mass MS/MS you can:
- Eliminate false positive protein ID’s apparent in nominal mass data
- De novo sequence peptides with the highest level of confidence
- Identify elemental composition of structural fragments
- Gain excellent specificity for quantitative analyses
Why purchase used refurbished
mass specs from KRSS
KRSS Ltd offer high quality pre-owned Mass Spec, LCMS, GCMS, HPLC and GC systems allowing affordable entry into a rapidly developing market.
All KRSS instruments are thoroughly inspected by manufacturer trained engineers (including all components and parts), cleaned and decontaminated, completely refurbished (defective parts and components are replaced with genuine parts), serviced and bench tested to ensure the equipment meets the manufacturers original specifications - this guarantees quality, performance and reliability at a fraction of the OEM costs.
With over 50 instruments in stock, covering all major manufacturers KRSS has systems for a variety of application requirements. All instruments are supplied with a comprehensive warranty and optional service contracts to ensure trouble free operation.