From running an individual sample to managing a complete network of instruments and users, RemoteAnalyzer has the power to simplify every aspect of your laboratory operation. A robust yet intuitive open access software, RemoteAnalyzer works with all the major mass spectrometry instruments and NMR instruments to deliver reliable, high quality results no matter how complex your samples or workflows.
- Single interface to multiple instruments with support for all major vendors
- Fast, convenient access to results via web or email on any device
- Predefined experiments and reporting enables users to access data and results
- Multiple levels of user access and control
- Compatibility with workflows in all types of laboratories
- Centralized data processing, storage and archiving
- Custom reports and usage reporting
- Support for LIMS and ELN integration
- Integrates with AnalyzerPro®
- Effortlessly track samples, schedule acquisition and control sample priority
- Zero footprint installation
The Universal Zero Footprint Sample Submission and Data Processing Solution for MS and NMR.
RemoteAnalyzer is the open access software solution for today’s fast-paced laboratory. It is designed to operate and optimize the management of multiple locations, multiple types of analysis, multiple scientists of the entire skill set range as well as multiple instrument types from all the major instrument vendors. The walk-up easy access provided by RemoteAnalyzer automatically leads scientists through sample submission and experiment selection making mass spectrometry and NMR accessible to everyone under one simple interface.
Managers Gain Greater Control and Convenience:
- From running an individual sample to managing a complete network of instruments and users, you can simplify every aspect of your laboratory operation.
- Analytical systems may be clustered in a single facility, spread across an entire campus, or even multiple remote sites, according to your needs.
- Controls all your MS and NMR instruments using robust and intuitive software to deliver reliable, high quality results no matter how complex your samples or workflows.
- Delivers laboratory managers efficient control and oversight over every aspect of their operation remotely on any device.
- Web based access with real-time updates, allows managers to ’keep a finger on the pulse’ regardless of physical location.
- Sample submission templates and final reports can be customized to suit a particular application or user group. Which simplifies the workflow making it easy to log samples and receive results anywhere and at any time.
- The requirement for user training is significantly reduced and the need for users to learn multiple software packages is eliminated.
- Support for single samples, batches of samples and sample plates submission. Samples can be run as soon as possible, according to their priority or may be scheduled to run at periods of lower demands such as overnight.
Users Appreciate Greater Ease-of-Use and Efficiency:
- Data files and sample meta data accessible using a web browser allows a single point of access to all your information.
- Reach maximum potential and increase productivity and throughput by being able to use any instrument without the need for specific training.
- Simplifies workflow in three clearly defined steps.
- Use of barcodes reduces possible transcription errors and streamlines sample submission workflow.
- Results received electronically may be manipulated with any web browser. No need for vendor specific software.
- Increased instrument utilization reduces the per sample cost of analysis.
- Assign users to particular groups or projects as either a user or a supervisor.
- Define instruments, methods and experiments for each user or group.
- Manage the users’ access to the system, their permissions and data.
- Select sample submission template as this defines the sample meta data required from the user.
- Define instrument acquisition method.
- Assign post acquisition data processing method and set reporting requirements.
Monitor and Manage
- Setup system-wide or user-specific alerts for instrument availability and system status information.
- Create reports based on instrument, method, or group for simplified visibility and recording of key utilization figures.
- Create raw data archiving on the remote server for greater security, easy access and reduced storage on instrument computers.
- Track instrument usage to effectively schedule preventive maintenance.
- Review analysis information for individual users, groups, sites or projects, at any time, from any location.
Everyone from first time users to experienced chemists can work faster, easier and more efficiently with RemoteAnalyzer. Each step is clearly defined in this simple to use, intuitive software where users can be up and running their samples in minutes without having to spend time learning software for all the instruments in the laboratory.
Usability of RemoteAnalyzer
For on-site users, as well as external clients, there is only a requirement to become familiar with a single software system for sample submission and data analysis and presentation. Users can be configured to have specific permissions and access to specific instruments or methods as required. A familiar web style user interface is used irrespective of the underlying host instrument. In this way, users are presented with a consistent look and feel to sample submission and interaction with the service. Users may arrange for multiple injections from a single sample vial if required. Simple point and click menus allow for sample submission and reviewing of results of completed sample analyses as well as editing of user settings. Sample submission can be either instrument or method centric. In the former, the chemist is able to select the specific instrument that they want to run their sample(s) on. In the latter, they select the method they want to run and the system will direct them to the most relevant instrument based on technique and availability. This can be configured on a per user basis. Authorized users can register samples for analysis from anywhere if they have the relevant permission which can include external institutions. One-off training sessions can now be undertaken face to face or via a live web-link for off-site users, dramatically reducing staff time dedicated to user training. With a single system there is also a reduced requirement for re-training due to infrequent use of one or the other systems. Authorized users are also able to remotely view their results.
The administrator has the option to give access to user accounts, instrument configuration and method set up and system configuration. RemoteAnalyzer works in conjunction with the native instrument software to provide a simple to use top level interface. Reports can be customized to provide management information such as instrument utilization or user/group activity. Additionally, automated report templates can be created to be printed or emailed, for example, monthly invoices can be generated for each research group based on their usage.
Data acquisition is carried out using the native instrument software so the acquired data files are maintained entirely intact and independent from subsequent data processing. Data files are converted into a file format optimized for file size and data processing speed. Processing methods are created by the administrator using the relevant section in ‘System Setup’ and the secure results are made available on the server or passed to another location as required. Further data processing can be carried out using local copies of AnalyzerPro®, where AnalyzerPro fully integrates and communicates with the RemoteAnalyzer server. All the additional MS data processing capabilities within AnalyzerPro are then available to the user. This includes Target Component Analysis, Library searching, and Quantitation as well as advanced features such a MatrixAnalyzer™ which allows multiple sample comparison and data analysis. Powerful features such as Principal Component Analysis of their MS data is also available. In a similar manner NMR data can be easily taken in to specialized third party software.
The mass spectrometrist does not need to compromise choice of open access instrumentation based on functionality of proprietary open access software since RemoteAnalyzer is a cross-platform option. Additional benefits include the ease of system and sample monitoring, enhanced administration benefits such as real-time accounting and tracking of group and individual usage. Administration of the system is extremely flexible and the administrator can monitor and interact with any sample at any time. The output to the users is posted immediately on the server for ready access at any time and can be easily transferred to an electronic document or electronic notebook. RemoteAnalyzer is the 21st Century solution to instrument management, data handling and reporting. The cross platform capability of this software means instrument choice due to software related issues is not relevant.
Efficiency Delivered in Three Simple Steps
Increase the efficiency and productivity within your laboratory for all your MS and NMR sample analysis requirements.
Unique to RemoteAnalyzer is the ability to submit samples and review data across multiple vendors’ platforms and analytical techniques. One ‘Remote’ controls everything in three simple steps.
Figure 1. RemoteAnalyzer workflow.
To submit a sample, select the group, project and experiment and then click on the ‘Add Sample’ button.
Figure 2. Submit a sample
Each experiment has a sample submission template that is set by the administrator and can be customized to meet the exact needs of the user. This may be meta data, health and safety information or it can be additional instrument parameters, like injection volume or user specific data processing parameters.
Figure 3. Enter experiment information
Once you have provided the relevant information, click ‘Save’ to submit your sample.
Scan & Confirm
After you have submitted your sample, you’ll need to take it into the laboratory. Once there, use the barcode scanner to scan the barcode on your sample or if you have submitted a plate, you can scan the plate’s barcode. The Sample Confirmation software will instruct you which instrument is going to acquire your sample and the vial position on the auto-sampler you need to place your sample. After you have correctly placed your sample, tap ‘Confirm’ so that RemoteAnalyzer knows that it can acquire the sample.
Scan and confirm sample
Figure 4. Scan and confirm sample
For results on the go and as quickly as possible, RemoteAnalyzer can be configured to automatically notify you and email the results to you. The perfect solution when fast turnaround is a must have requirement for your laboratory.
Sometimes though a PDF report of your results isn’t enough. Perhaps you want to zoom in on a section of the chromatogram, or look at the spectrum at a given retention time. If this is what you require, you can log into RemoteAnalyzer from any device and access your sample’s raw data or your processing results and use our interactive tools, all within your standard web browser.
Figure 5. Review results
Regardless of instrument vendor or analytical technique, such as GC-MS, LC-MS or NMR, RemoteAnalyzer provides you with one simple, consistent user interface to drive efficiency and increase productivity within your laboratory. The simple way samples can be submitted allows many more non-expert users to use your instruments correctly. This in turn increases the number of samples which can be run by your instruments and effectively reduces the per sample cost of sample analysis.
Figure 6. Review results