KRSS KRSS MS-QuietBox II for Nitrogen Gas Generators
The KRSS MS-QuietBox II™ system offers a wide range of ventilated noise reduction solution for all leading brands of Nitrogen gas generators including Peak Scientific and Parker Dominic Hunter.
The UK noise regulations 2005 states that action should be taken for noise levels above 80 db(A).
The innovative design allows for installation with no need to shut the instrument down with quick setup and easy access for maintenance. The MS-QuietBoxII™ integral fans maintain the generators at an optimum temperature. The unique flat-pack construction is environmentally friendly, reducing shipping costs and can be assembled in 5 minutes with no need for tools.
Full specifications can be found at the MS-QuietBox website
- Install without Mass Spec downtime
- Viewing window for monitoring generator status
- Integral fans maintains generator at optimum temperature (safety options available)
- Compatible with all common Nitrogen gas generators
- Easy access for generator maintenance
- Flatpack delivery, can be assembled in 5 minutes - no tools required
- Manufactured in the UK
- Automatic thermal fans - automatically control speed via thermal sensor
- Unique design allows service exchange of panels to reduce downtime
- CE Marked
Quieter working environment
MS-QuietBox IITM noise reduction system available for all leading manufacturers and maintains generator temperature with integral fans.
Maintain optimum generator temperature
Automatic thermal fans adjust speed to the ambient temperature. Designed to keep power consumption and noise levels at minimum and deliver high performance cooling when required.
Fire resistant not fire retardant
Our high density ?0? fire rated foam is manufactured by impregnating standard foam with liquid carbon which is dried leaving a fire resistant sound absorption material which is able to withstand various ignition sources. This end product is fire resistant not fire retardant, the difference being that fire retardant foam will burn until the ignition source is removed, whereas our foam will not burn.
3 Year Warranty with panel exchange
In the unlikely event of a fan failure, the simple modular design allows for an exchange panel to be sent for replacement. First contact KRSS to request your replacement panel. Once the panel arrives simply disconnect the power cable and undo the four thumb tight screws. Swap the panels and return the original panel to KRSS.
Loud noise at work can damage your hearing. The Noise Regulations 2005 requires employers to prevent or reduce risks to health and safety from exposure to noise at work. Employees have duties under the Regulations too.
The Regulations requires employers to:
- assess the risks to employees from noise at work;
- take action to reduce the noise exposure that produces those risks;
- provide employees with hearing protection if you cannot reduce the noise exposure enough by using other methods;
- make sure the legal limits on noise exposure are not exceeded;
- provide employees with information, instruction and training;
- carry out health surveillance where there is a risk to health.
What are the action levels and limit values?
The Noise Regulations require employers to take specific action at certain action values. These relate to:
- the levels of exposure to noise of employees averaged over a working day or week; and
- the maximum noise (peak sound pressure) to which employees are exposed in a working day.
The values are:
lower exposure action values:
- daily or weekly exposure of 80 dB;
- peak sound pressure of 135 dB;
upper exposure action values:
- daily or weekly exposure of 85 dB;
- peak sound pressure of 137 dB.
There are also levels of noise exposure which must not be exceeded:
exposure limit values:
- daily or weekly exposure of 87 dB;
- peak sound pressure of 140 dB.